To update the text and images on your site, you have two options:
- Hire a programmer
- Do it yourself with a Content Management System (CMS)!
Obviously, it’s more cost effective to update your site with a CMS. We wrote this article to help you understand important features of a great CMS.
What is a CMS?
Our customers tell us all the time that one of the most important things for their website is an easy-to-use CMS. A CMS allows you to:
- Add New content
- Edit existing content
- Upload and edit images
- Make changes to your site immediately
Why is Fresh Content Important?
It’s vital for you to be able to manage, add, and publish new content on your site. This keeps your site fresh and up-to-date. Fresh content is very important to your site:
- Customers love new content; it keeps them coming back again and again.
- The search engines (Google and Bing) love new content; and it will help improve your rankings.
Choose a CMS
Before you decide on a CMS for your business, ask yourself some questions:
- Is it easy-to-use?
Not everyone is tech-savvy. Make sure the CMS you pick is simple, straight forward, and easy to use. Remember, one of the main reasons you’re choosing a CMS is so that you don’t have to hire a programmer to do the work for you. If you don’t understand your CMS, it isn’t going to do you any good.
- Does it include the features you want?
Determine which features and functionality are important to your business, and double check that your CMS offers these things.
- Have you looked around? Research is extremely important in choosing a great CMS. Make sure you’ve looked around and know what is available. Don’t make a decision until you’re sure.
At Artonic, we offer the easiest to use CMS on the market today. Period. It’s seamlessly integrated into your website, making it very simple to edit text or upload images. Some features of our CMS include:
- Hosted platform, so you get upgrades to the CMS without any negative side effects to your website.
- Live preview to see your changes as you make them
- Multiple editors with different access levels
- WYSIWYG editor (similar to Microsoft Word)
- Changes are retained for 180 days. Make a mistake? No problem, just revert to the original version
- View Google Analytics on your CMS dashboard
- Built-in Image Editor
- Upload files without leaving the CMS
Our CMS puts you in control, so that you can make changes to your site immediately. No more complicated editing systems, or out-dated image editors; our CMS is cutting-edge and truly simple. Make changes to your website without a programmer, which saves you time and money.
Contact Artonic today about our easy-to-use CMS. We’ll answer any questions you have and show you just how easy it is to maintain your website. Call us at 855-ARTONIC or 517-902-7851. We’re also available at firstname.lastname@example.org or you can contact us on our site.